Hey everyone. Let me briefly introduce you to what this blog is about.
First, this is blog number 2, attempt number 2. I attempted to custom set up a blog on my portfolio site. For some reason I still can’t figure out the code that well so there are some weird glitches that I hope to eventually go back and fix. However for now, this is going to be my focus, and my hope to update fairly often.
The main reason for setting up this site is for myself. I want to motivate myself to get working on more art and design projects. Also I want to have it work as a kind of documentation of the amount of work I’ve done and to see my progression. Finally, I think this should be a good way for the people who want to check in on what I’m doing they can do that. (Feel free to add this to your RSS Reader if you so choose.) I’m not sure how much I’ll try to promote my blog on other social media though. For those of you who are reading, I’m really looking for any constructive criticism in my work, as well as any motivation you wish to provide. Also I’m ALWAYS looking for people to collaborate with on projects in fact I’m already working on a few collaborative projects so feel free to hit me up.
Here is what I’m hoping to have on this blog:
• Personal design work – Anything I’m doing on my own or for friends or family.
• Projects from work – I’m really needing to spend some time gathering together some of the projects I’ve done for work and show them off. I’m worried I’ll end up leaving my job and having nothing to add to my portfolio.
• Art projects – I’ve really had a strong interest in art for a while now, and I think its time that I really start pursuing it more and more.
• Works in progress – I really am starting to believe in documenting the progress of projects, so I’ll be showing a lot of art and design that’s only half done.
• Sketches – I just picked myself up a moleskine sketch book, so I’m sure I’ll be posting some more drawings and sketches.
• Past Work – Again, this blog will hopefully work as a kind of documentation of the work I’ve done so to get started I’m sure I’ll be posting some of the stuff that I did already, but that will eventually stop.
• Inspirational Images – I’m not sure how much I’ll do this, but I’ve been debating posting some galleries of awesome work I find online. I just want to make sure the focus is on my own work.
I think that is it for now. Future post should have more images, and less talk. Once again, feel free to send this to anyone you think would be interested in reading, and feel free to post and give me any sorts of comments/criticism/whatever.